OAPEN is involved in various initiatives for open access books:
- Open Access Books Network (OABN) - OAPEN is one of the coordinators supporting the OABN - a space for passionate conversations about open access books, creating an online community around open access books.
- Community-led Open Publication Infrastructures for Monographs (COPIM) - OAPEN participates in the COPIM partnership, building community-owned, open systems and infrastructures to enable open access book publishing to flourish.
- Open Access eBook Usage (OAeBU) Data Trust pilot project - OAPEN serves on the Advisory Board for the (OAeBU) Data Trust pilot project. Participating in the development and testing of infrastructure, policy and governance models to support a diverse, global data trust for usage data on open access monographs.
- SCELC & OAPEN Pilot Project - SCELC and OAPEN collaborate through this pilot project in an effort to amplify the usage of open access (OA) resources in SCELC member libraries.
- OA Book Usage Analytics for Diverse Communities – A Demonstration Project - As one of the four partner organisations, OAPEN participates in The Book Analytics Dashboard Project focused on creating a sustainable OA Book focused analytics service.